The outer skin is briefly ‘frozen’, activating increased production of collagen in deeper layers of the skin (similar to lasers treatments of the face, where very hot temperatures are used). The skin regains elasticity and becomes smoother and even-toned, significantly improving conditions such as cellulite and skin aging.
The extreme cold exposure causes to the body to turn up its metabolic rate in order to produce heat. This effect lasts for 5-8 hours after the procedure, causing the body to ‘burn’ 500 – 800 Kcal over the hours following the procedure. After several procedures, the increase in metabolic rate tends to last longer between treatments.
Reported benefits include:
• Tighter, healthier skin
• Cellulite reduction
• Stronger, fuller hair
• Stronger nails
• Fewer skin blemishes
• Faster fat loss through burning more calories.
Medical benefitsThe human body consists of 12 main meridians and many lateral meridians, together referred to as the energy network of a human body. The main meridians are located inside the body, while lateral meridians reach the skin surface. When the energy flow in any of the meridians is blocked, some organs do not receive enough energy to function properly.
ow does WCT stimulate this energy flow in the body? We know from any physics curriculum that if we take a sufficiently long wire (1 m. or more), and warm one end of it while cooling the other, the temperature difference leads to an electric current in the wire. Exactly the same thing happens to the human energetic system while using WCT. When the temperature on the skin surface drops to -1 oC / 30 oF while body core temperature is 98.6 oF, there is a 68.6 oF difference that is sufficient to cause a strong flow of energy in the meridians, therefore restoring energy flow where disruptions may have been present. In this case, WCT is used as a preventive and corrective method.
In fact Whole Body Cryotherapy has reported benefits across a number of medical conditions including:
• Muscle and ligament strains, back, knee and neck pain,
• Inhibition of inflammation, reduced pain and swelling
• Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, spondylatis,
• Bronchitis, bronchial asthma and tracheitis,
• Prevention of cardiovascular diseases,
• Skin problems: dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and seborrhoea,
• Cosmetology: skin-firming, cellulite reduction, increasing metabolic processes in the skin, anti-wrinkle effect,
• Sexology and urology (impotence treatments, potency and libido boosting, improving of erectile function),
• Prevention of flu and catarrhal diseases, immunity enhancement, faster fat loss through burning more calories,
• Anxiety and depressive illnesses, insomnia.